Saturday, January 13, 2007

Matrimony - A Beautiful Sacrament

Matrimony in the Catholic Church is one of the seven sacrements...it's a sacrament between God, the man, and the woman (1).

My wife Maria and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary this year. I look back at our wedding day as one of the most amazing days of my life. We had so much fun together that day...we felt truly as one...with 246 people there to support us...and, most important, God there to guide us.

We have three children -- Dominic, Katia, and Jonah -- each born premature (3 weeks, 9 weeks, 5 weeks) and each a blessing and a gift from God.

We are active in St. Paul's Catholic Church in Fenton, MO, where our oldest son also attends grade school. I had the experiene of both public school education and Catholic education...and it's certainly my desire to make sure that our children have the opportunity to attend Catholic schools.

No comments: